Sunday, July 27, 2008

It All Paid Off


So I am so super excited!!!! So for most of you, you know that I am married but my husband is gone alot at work and he is not active in the Church. So for the past 11 years I have taken my kids to church by myself, which was fine until I got to babies 19 months apart, then it got hard. I was nursery leader...primary pianist...young women pianist...primary secretary...Relief Society Chorister...Relief Society pianist...Activity Days Leader...and now 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society presidency, all with in the past 5 1/2 years. So taking three kids to church alone every Sunday was a little difficult at times, now don't get me wrong I realize it could have been worse. But all those times of fighting kids to get ready and coaxing them to go to their own class and comforting the insecure tears and grounding them from their bikes because of misbehavior in Sacrament meeting or primary has finally paid off. I am so relieved and excited. Taylor of course is not a problem in primary any more but believe me she hated nursery. Haegen is at an age finally were he will go to primary with out to much of a big effort. Now Bryce, he did not like to go and sit through primary and the teachers would have to come and get me a few times because he wouldn't sit still or wouldn't listen to the teachers. But today he went into class which he has done before from time to time but, after church he was telling me all about what he had learned today. It was so exciting for me to hear what my little boy has taken into his little brain. He was also excited to tell me. Each week I ask the kids what they learned in primary? Taylor will tell me what she learned and Haegen will tell me what he learned but Bryce would always say nohan (nothing). So thank you to all the wonderful teachers and examples that my kids encounter. I hope they truly know that they do make an impression in little lives. I just have to tell you...Bryce had a really good sunbeams teacher and he actually would not fight to go then, she was released about 4 or 5 months ago and she is still referd to as Bryces teacher, not Mandy but Bryces teacher I think it is to funny. I know that my kids will have many more people touch there lives as time comes, and I only hope that I can do the same for some one out there.

6 comments:

Michele and Wyatt said...

Bryce's class did sharing time today, and he was dressed up as Samuel the Lamanite. He looked so cute and did such a great job.

Hey maybe you should tell his teacher how much he liked primary today. Teachers like to hear those kind of things.

Anonymous said...

Payday's are awesome!!! Congrats! Keep up the great work!!!!

Mandy said...

he is such a good boy. well both of them are, actually. and of course taylor is wonderful! i loved being his teacher. he is a sweetie. I am glad they came over yesterday so i could give them a treat. :)


love ya!

Spendlove said...

Shawntae, just hang in there with your children, I'm very proud of you, I know what it is like to go to church alone with your children, I did it with my 4 darlings and still go alone, I know it is the right thing to do and someday it will pay off in big dividends. You are a great example to all who know you.

Mandy said...

GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!

I tagged you. Go to my blog for details!

Michele and Wyatt said...

You've won an award. Check it out on my blog.