Monday, February 1, 2010

Update

Wow I am just a blog slacker. I used to love to update on my blog all the time and now I hardly get a chance to blog stalk anyone.
Well not a whole lot of new going on in the Peterson house.
Rhett's grandma is in the hospital right now. They thought she wouldn't make it through the night on Saturday, but as of today they moved her out of intensive care and she is doing alot better.
I had my 33rd birthday last two weeks ago. I still can not believe that I am 33. Oh well guess I better get used to it. I'm not getting any younger. lol
I had a good birthday, had lot's of birthday wishes from all my friends on face book. My dad had pizza and cake for me, and that was about all, but what else could I ask for.
I have slowed up a little on subbing. Not that I don't get the chances or not that I don't want to but, Bryce has needed me a little bit more. He goes to a specialized preschool for his speech. A month ago they diagnosed him with Perceptual Vision Disorder. You are probably thinking what's that. It is a form or dyslexia. They told me that he would have to do vision therapy and it is about as expensive as braces. So i'm thinking great. Well first of all I made him an eye apt. with my Pediatric Optomitrist in Orem. The one who has treated Taylor's ambleopia. When I first told him what the school said he said what is that. So I explained it to him. I was getting worried because he is one of the top in his field and if he didn't know what it was I was in trouble. So I told him that I googled it and it said that they treat it with 3D glasses. He said okay now I know what your talking about. They want you to do vision therapy? I said yes. He said NO! It is really expensive and it has never been proven to even work. He said that if they want to offer it to him free go for it. But, don't pay for it. So I am glad that I took him to my eye doc. before I started putting all this money into something that has not been proven to work. Well anyway, he said that Bryce's eye's are perfect and my next step it to have him evaluated by a Nero phys. So that has been my next step and it has been a joke. I just want someone to point me in the right direction.
So any way that is my little story on that I have probably board you all to death.

4 comments:

Kami said...

You didn't bore me to death. I love reading your updates in facts I'd love you to update more often. You rock. I totally miss you! Good luck with the situation with Bryce's eyes. Keep us all posted.

Cameron and Amy said...

Did you need a pediatric neurologist? If you do, I used to work with one who's great. A little spacey, but he is really good with the kids and really good at what he does. He's on the board of the pediatric neurology association. If you need his name and # let me know!

Hillary said...

Glad you are on the right track now with Bryce, hope you can help the little dude. Love ya.

Denece said...

Happy Late Birthday!! Hope all is going well with the kids. There is always something exciting going on when you have children. Talk to you later